Humanity Road monitors man-made and natural disaster around the globe. Here is what has been monitored and accomplished in the past week:
In the past week our volunteers were monitoring:
- Hostage Crisis at the Hypercacher supermarket – in the Paris banlieu of Vincennes (France)
- VISOV (Volontaires internationaux en soutien opérationnel virtuel – International Volunteers Supporting Virtual Operations) requested support from Humanity Road to ensure timely information and security instructions, were made available as the situation developed. VISOV provided a supporting role in guiding people in the Vincennes/ Paris area to the proper official channels.
- Earthquake – Luzon, Philippines
- Initially reported as 5.7, upgraded to 6.0 – no structural damage or people injured.
- Typhoon Mekkhala (Amang) – Visayas, Philippines
Other Humanity Road activities in the past week:
- An all-hands Humanity Road meeting was held on January 15th for all volunteers and interns.
Curious about Humanity Road? Would you like to join us? Start by visiting Humanity Road’s volunteer page.