Humanity Road (HR) monitors man-made and natural disaster around the globe. Here is what has been monitored and accomplished within the last 2 weeks of July:
From July 16th – July 31st, Humanity Road volunteers were monitoring:
- 4 Earthquake – NE of Barbados – July 16
- The quake was shallow at approximately 5.6 km deep, following a M5.3 earthquake earlier in the morning.
- Shaking was felt in Barbados and around the Caribbean, but there were no reports of damage or injuries and there was no tsunami threat.
- Wildfire – San Bernardino County, CA – July 17-18
- Wildfire grew very quickly to 3500 acres, affecting the Baldy Mesa area and a section of I-15 where it jumped the freeway.
- Hundreds of people were forced to abandon their cars, and over 20 vehicles were destroyed.
- Red Cross shelter was set up at Serrano High School for victims of #Northfire and #PineFire, a new fire that started overnight.
- Community volunteers mobilized to help evacuate ranches and a petting zoo.
- HR volunteers amplified situational awareness from official accounts, including shelter information, the public hotline, and animal resources.
- Flooding – Madhya Pradesh, India
- 10 dead, over 6000 evacuated as heavy rains continue in Madhya Pradesh
- Read about the link between global warning and India’s worst flooding
- Flooding – Myanmar
- Amplifying verified and official information on social media.
- 48 Trapped for a week in Flooded Kale School
- Myanmar – Local developers build disaster app to track the floods
- People’s Daily China Verified account
- Chinese rescue team arrived in Myanmar to help flood victims.
- UNOCHA Flash Updates
- IFRC Bulletin
- Wildfire – Stouts Creek, Oregon, US – July 31, 2015
- Stouts Creek Fire (#StoutsFire) near Canyonville, OR.
- Burned over 6,000 acres burned so far.
- HR volunteers tweeted accounts to follow, the location of the Red Cross shelter, and posted general information on twitter and Facebook.
Other Humanity Road activities from July 16th to July 31st:
- 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) – July 26, 2015
- ADA Anniversary Tool Kit – Connect, Share & PLEDGE!
- DAFN Team asks again to please re-tweet #ADA25
- 25 years ago that the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) became law in 1990.
- Humanity Road in the News
Give so others can live. Help support @HumanityRoad’s Disaster Response Program: Donate now! Please re-tweet!