Humanity Road (HR) monitors man-made and natural disaster around the globe. Here is what has been monitored and accomplished within the last week:
From November 2nd – November 8th Humanity Road volunteers were monitoring:
- Cyclone Chapala – Oman & Yemen
- The HR response team focused on amplifying official situational awareness.
- The cyclone formed in the Arabian Sea and strengthened into a Category 4 storm as it veered towards Oman and Yemen.
- Oman and the UAE responded, sending planes carrying tents and other relief supplies.
- Chapala made landfall in the city of Al Mukalla, affecting other areas in the governorates of Hadhramuat and Shabwah
- An estimated 40,000 people were displaced; 450 houses damaged or destroyed
- Relief was hindered by the ongoing war in Yemen
- A UN Disaster Assessment & Coordination Team (UNDAC) was deployed to Oman
- HR continues to amplify the work of NGOs such as the UN
Other Humanity Road news from November 2nd – November 8th:
- The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) has begun!
- Thanks to all who support our Disaster Response Program by participating in Amazon Smile !
- Sharing on Instagram: Humanity Road Top Rated Nonprofit
Give so others can live. Help support @HumanityRoad’s Disaster Response Program: Donate now! Please re-tweet!